HIGH ACCURACY LOW POWER / MICROPOWER
LINEAR HALL EFFECT SENSOR
The AH8501 is a high accuracy, low power/micropower linear Hall
effect sensor with an 8-bit output resolution. The output voltage is
ratiometric to the supply voltage and proportional to the magnetic flux
density, perpendicular to the part marking surface. The output null
voltage is at half the supply voltage.
AH8501 is a trimmed device with typical sensitivity of 2.25mV/G and
3.8mV/G at 1.8V and 3V respectively with an accuracy of 3% at 25°C.
The device has a typical input referred rms noise of 0.36G and 0.24G
at 1.8V and 3.0V.
Designed for battery powered consumer equipment to office
equipment, home appliances and industrial applications, the AH8501
can operate over the supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V and uses an
externally controlled ENABLE pin clocking system to control operating
modes and sampling rates to minimize the power consumption. The
typical average operating supply current is between 8.9µA during
sleep mode and 1.16mA at maximum sampling rate at 1.8V. With a
conversion pulse every 50ms at the ENABLE pin, the device achieves
a micropower operation with the power consumption of 22µW typical
at 1.8V supply.
To minimize PCB space the AH8501 are available in small, low profile
• High Accuracy Linear Hall Effect Sensor with +/-400G Sense
Range and Output Voltage with 8-bit resolution
• Supply Voltage of 1.6V to 3.6V
• High Accuracy: Trimmed Sensitivity of 2.25mV/G and 3.8mV/G
at 1.8V and 3V Respectively with Accuracy of 3% at +25°C
• Low Offset Voltage
• Low Average Supply Current
8.9µA Typical in Sleep Mode (Default) at 1.8V
1.01mA Typical in Auto-Run Mode (6.25kHz) at 1.8V
12µA Typical in External Drive Mode with 20Hz Sample
Rate at 1.8V
1.16mA Typical in External Drive Mode with 7.14kHz
Sample Rate at 1.8V
Chopper Stabilized Design with Superior Temperature Stability,
Minimal Sensitivity Drift, Enhanced Immunity to Physical Stress
• Output Voltage Maintained at ‘Sleep’ Mode
• -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature
• High ESD Capability of 6kV Human Body Model
• Small Low Profile U-DFN2020-6 Package
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• High Accuracy Level, Proximity, Position and Travel Detection
• Button Press Detection in Digital Still, Video Cameras and
Handheld Gaming Consoles
• Accurate Door, Lids and Tray Position Detection
• Liquid Level Detection
• Joy Stick Control – Gaming and Industrial Applications
• Contact-Less Level, Proximity and Position Measurement in
Home Appliances and Industrial Applications
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS37512 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 19
© Diodes Incorporated