HIGH ACCURACY MICROPOWER
LINEAR HALL EFFECT SENSOR
The AH8503 is a high accuracy, micropower linear Hall effect sensor
with an 8-bit output resolution. The output voltage is ratiometric to the
supply voltage and proportional to the magnetic flux density
perpendicular to the part marking surface. The output null voltage is
at half the supply voltage.
AH8503 is a trimmed device with typical sensitivity of 2.25mV/G and
3.8mV/G at 1.8V and 3V respectively with an accuracy of 3% at
+25°C. The device has a typical input referred rms noise of 0.36G and
0.24G at 1.8V and 3.0V.
Designed for battery powered consumer equipment to office
equipment, home appliances and industrial applications, the AH8503
can operate over the supply range of 1.6V to 3.6V. The device has a
CNTRL pin to select the operating modes and sampling rate to
minimize power consumption. The device operates in default
micropower mode with a sampling rate of 24Hz typical and consumes
only 13µA typical at 1.8V. In turbo mode with a continuous 6.25kHz
sample rate, the current consumption is 1mA typical. In external-drive
mode, the CNTRL be can be used to change the sampling frequency
up to 7.14KHz with current consumption of 1.16mA typical at 1.8V.
To minimize PCB space the AH8503 are available in small low profile
• High Accuracy Linear Hall Effect Sensor with +/-400G Sense
Range and Output Voltage with 8-bit resolution
• Supply Voltage of 1.6V to 3.6V
• High Accuracy: Trimmed Sensitivity of 2.225mV/G and 3.8mV/G
at 1.8V and 3V respectively with accuracy of 3% at +25°C.
• Low Offset Voltage
• Micropower (Default), Turbo and External-Drive Modes
• Ultra Low Average Supply Current
13µA typical in micropower mode (default) period at 1.8V
1.01mA typical in turbo mode at 1.8V
1.16mA typical in external drive mode with 7.14kHz
sampling rate at 1.8V
• Chopper Stabilized Design with Superior Temperature Stability,
Minimal Sensitivity Drift, Enhanced Immunity to Physical Stress
• Output Voltage Maintained at ‘Sleep’ Mode
• -40°C to +85°C Operating Temperature
• High ESD capability of 6kV Human Body Model
• Small Low Profile U-DFN2020-6 Package
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• High Accuracy Level, Proximity, Position and Travel Detection
• Button Press Detection in Digital Still, Video Cameras and
Handheld Gaming Consoles
• Accurate Door, Lids and Tray Position Detection
• Liquid Level Detection
• Joy Stick Control – Gaming and Industrial Applications
• Smart Meters
• Contact-Less Level, Proximity and Position Measurement in
Home Appliances and Industrial Applications
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS37684 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 19
© Diodes Incorporated