UNIVERSAL, HIGH EFFICIENCY AND ACCURACY LED DRIVER CONVERTER
The AL1677 is a universal AC-input (85~277 VAC), high-efficiency and
high-accuracy Buck LED-driver converter. The AL1677 topology
provides accurate constant current (CC) line and load regulation,
operating at boundary conduction mode (BCM) to ease in EMI/EMC
qualification and testing to meet the latest regulatory laws.
The AL1677 system removes the auxiliary winding and external high-
voltage MOSFET with few external components to create a low bill of
material (BOM) cost solution. The AL1677 has rich protection features
to enhance system safety and reliability. With thermal foldback
function, the AL1677 can reduce output current when the driver’s
temperature is higher than the setting value.
The AL1677 is available in SO-8 package.
> 90% Efficiency
Valley Detection to Minimize Switching Loss
Universal 85 to 277 VAC Input Range
Internal MOSFET up to 500V
Tight Current Sense Tolerance : ± 3%
Low Startup Current: 170µA
Low Operation Current: 100µA (Static)
Standard Inductor (no auxiliary winding)
- Undervoltage Lockout (UVLO)
- Leading-Edge Blanking (LEB)
- Cycle-by-cycle Overcurrent Protection(OCP)
- Output Open/Short Protection(OVP/OSP)
- Open-Load and Reload Detection
- Thermal Foldback Function(TFP)
- Over-Temperature Protection(OTP)
Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
Retrofit LED Lamps
High Voltage DC-DC LED Driver
General Purpose Constant Current Source
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS37526 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 13
© Diodes Incorporated