BOOST CONTROLLER WITH 4-CHANNEL HIGH PERCISION CURRENT SOURCE
The AL3065A is a high level integration boost controller with four
channels for WLED backlight applications. It operates over a wide
input voltage ranging from 4.5V to 33V.
The current of the four channels is simply programmed from 20mA to
400mA with an external resistor. The current match between any
channels is ±0.5% (typical). Its operating frequency can be adjusted
from 0.1MHz to 1MHz.
The AL3065A can be dimmed by one of the following modes: direct
PWM dimming, PWM-to-analog dimming, or DC-to-analog dimming.
Robust protection features include cycle-by-cycle current limit, soft-
start, UVLO, programmable OVP, OTP, open/short LED protection,
Schottky diode short and open protection, inductor short-circuit
protection, and VOUT short protection.
The IC is available in SO-16 packages.
• Input Voltage Range: 4.5V to 33V
• Four High-Precision Current Sources
Current Matching ±0.5% (Typical)
LED String Current up to 250mA per Channel, 400mA
• Low Ripple for Low BOM Cost
• 6KV HBM ESD Class
• High Voltage Pins CS and OVP for Safety Test
• Supports Direct PWM Dimming, PWM-to-Analog Dimming, and
DC-to-Analog Dimming Control
• Minimum PWM Dimming Duty Cycle can be 1/10,000 at 100Hz
• Built-in Below Comprehensive Protections
Overcurrent Protection (OCP)
Overvoltage Protection (OVP)
Overtemperature Protection (OTP)
Undervoltage Lock Out (UVLO)
LED Open/Short Protection
Schottky Diode/Inductor Short-Circuit Protection
VOUT Short/Schottky Diode Open Protection
• Available in Pb-Free SO-16 Package
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• LCD Monitor
• LCD Display Module
• LCD TV
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS), 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) & 2015/863/EU (RoHS 3) compliant.
2. See https://www.diodes.com/quality/lead-free/ for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS41124 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 16
© Diodes Incorporated