HIGH PERFORMANCE BOOST LED CONTROLLER
The AL3353 is a highly-integrated and cost-effective Light Emitting
Diode (LED) controller optimized for LCD monitor and LCD TV
backlighting application. It provides a high-performance LED backlight
solution with low-BOM cost.
The AL3353 contains a PWM boost driver, which uses current mode
control and fixed frequency operation to regulate the LED current.
The LED current is sensed through an external current sense resistor.
The voltage across the sensing resistor is compared with reference
level of 400mV; the error is amplified to control the pulse width of the
power switch thus to regulate the current flowing the LED.
The AL3353 offers PWM-to-analog dimming mode for a wide range of
SO-8 (Type TH2)
The AL3353 has comprehensive protection features such as power
MOSFET overcurrent protection (OCP), output overvoltage protection
(OVP), Diode & Inductor short protection, LED cathode short-to-GND
protection, IC power supply undervoltage lockout (UVLO), LED open
protection, VOUT short protection and overtemperature protection
The AL3353 is available in the SO-8 (Type TH2) package.
• Wide Input Voltage Range: 9V to 40V
• High Precision Feedback Reference Voltage: 400mV/±1.5%
• Current Mode PWM Controller with Good Dynamic Response
• PWM to Analog Dimming Mode
• Built-In Comprehensive Protections
Under Voltage Lock Out (UVLO)
Output Over Voltage Protection (OVP)
Power MOSFET Over Current Protection (OCP)
Diode and Inductor Short Protection
LED Cathode Short to GND Protection
LED Open Protection
VOUT Short Protection
Over Temperature Protection (OTP)
• Available in Pb-Free SO-8 (Type TH2) Package
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• LCD TV
• LCD Monitor
• Flat Panel Display
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS), 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) & 2015/863/EU (RoHS 3) compliant.
2. See https://www.diodes.com/quality/lead-free/ for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS41487 Rev. 2 - 2
1 of 15
© Diodes Incorporated