60V, 150mA ADJUSTABLE LINEAR LED DRIVER
The AL5812 is an adjustable Linear LED driver offering excellent
temperature stability and output handling capability. The AL5812
simplifies the design of linear and isolated or non-isolated LED
drivers by setting the LED current with standard value resistors.
The AL5812 has an open drain output that can swing from 1V up to
60V enabling it drive long LED chains. Its low 0.5V RSET pin is outside
of the LED current path and so accuracy is maintained while
minimizing the required overheads to regulate the LED current. This
reduces its power dissipation when compared to traditional linear
LED drivers. This makes it ideal for driving LEDs up to 150mA
(commonly referred to as ½W LEDs).
Longer LED chains can be driven by tapping VCC from the chain,
where the chain voltage may exceed 60V.
The AL5812 is available in the exposed pad MSOP-8EP and
• Low Reference Voltage (VRSET = 0.5V)
• -40°C to +125°C Temperature Range
• ±3% LED Current Tolerance
• Low Temperature Drift
• 1V to 60V Open-Drain Output
• High Power Supply Rejection
• MSOP-8EP and U-DFN3030-6
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Isolated Offline LED Converters
• Linear LED Driver
• LED Signs
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and Lead-free.
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Applications Circuit
Document number: DS35616 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 12
© Diodes Incorporated
Datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.co.kr/