AUTOMOTIVE COMPLIANT 60V LINEAR DIMMABLE LED CONTROLLER
The AL5814Q is an 8-terminal adjustable linear LED controller
offering excellent temperature stability and output current capability. It
works with a wide-input voltage range from 4.5V to 60V. With an
external LED driving power device, its internal power dissipation is
minimized compared with traditional linear LED drivers. This makes it
ideal for medium-to-high current automotive LED lighting applications.
The AL5814Q has internal output drive capability up to 15mA, which
enables it to drive external bipolar transistors or MOSFETs. It also
provides the capability to drive longer LED chains with low dropout
voltage and multiple LED channels.
VSET pin is used to directly set output current feedback level. Using a
resistor divider between REF pin and VSET pin, the output current
can be set. Additionally, the use of an NTC resistor allows the
creation of an accurate and configurable thermal fold-back behavior.
The AL5814Q provides an LED-open detection feature through its
VFAULT pin. If VFAULT is brought lower than 2.5V (by any one of the
multiple LED channels going open), the AL5814Q’s output goes low
turning off the external transistors. The device recovers when the
open condition is removed. This ability of VFAULT to turn off the
external transistors also allows PWM dimming of the LED current by
adding PWM control signal on VFAULT pin.
AL5814Q is available in the thermally enhanced MSOP-8EP package
and is automotive-compliant, qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1,
supporting PPAP documentation.
• Qualified to AEC-Q100 Grade 1
• Wide Input Voltage Range from 4.5V to 60V
• Configurable LED Current Setting
• 5% Reference Voltage Tolerance Across Operating
• Low Temperature Drift
• 15mA Output Drive Capability for MOSFET or Bipolar Transistor
• LED Open Protection Detected by VFAULT Pin
• PWM Dimming Realized Through VFAULT Pin
• LED Thermal Foldback Configured by VSET
• Overtemperature Protection (OTP)
• Input Undervoltage Lockout
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• PPAP Capable (Note 4)
• Automotive Rear Lamps
• Automotive Interior Lamps
• Automotive Instrumentation Illumination
• Automotive Position Lamps
• Automotive License Plate Illumination
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS), 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) & 2015/863/EU (RoHS 3) compliant.
2. See https://www.diodes.com/quality/lead-free/ for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
4. Automotive products are AEC-Q100 qualified and are PPAP capable. Automotive, AEC-Q100 and standard products are electrically and thermally the
same, except where specified. For more information, please refer to https://www.diodes.com/quality/.
Document number: DS41792 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 14
© Diodes Incorporated