UNIVERSAL HIGH VOLTAGE LED DRIVER
The AL9901, high-voltage PWM LED driver provides an efficient
solution for offline, high-brightness LED lamps for rectified line
voltages ranging from 85VAC up to 305VAC. The AL9901 has an
internal MOSFET that allows switching frequencies up to 300kHz,
with the switching frequency determined by an external single
resistor. The AL9901 topology creates a constant current through the
LEDs providing constant light output. The output current is
programmed by one external resistor.
The LED brightness can be varied by both Linear and PWM dimming,
using the AL9901’s LD and PWM pins respectively. The PWM input
operates with a duty ratio of 0-100% and a frequency of up to several
The AL9901 is available in the thermally enhanced U-DFN6040-12
and SO-16 packages. The SO-16 is compliant to high voltage spacing
rules for 230VAC mains applications.
• >90% Efficiency
• Universal Rectified 85 to 305VAC Input Range
• Internal MOSFET Up to 650V, 2A
• High Switching Frequency Up to 300kHz
• Internal Voltage Regulator Removes Start-Up Resistor
• 7.5V Regulated Output
• Tighter Current Sense Tolerance Better Than 5%
• LED Brightness Control with Linear and PWM Dimming
• Internal Over-Temperature Protection (OTP)
• U-DFN6040-12 and SO-16 Packages
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• LED Offline Lamps
• High Voltage DC-DC LED Driver
• Signage and Decorative LED Lighting
• Back Lighting of Flat Panel Displays
• General Purpose Constant Current Source
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and Lead-free.
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Applications Circuit
Document number: DS37713 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 20
© Diodes Incorporated