A Product Line of
3MHz, 1A STEP-DOWN DC-DC CONVERTER
The PAM2304 is a step-down current-mode, DC-DC converter. At
heavy load, the constant frequency PWM control performs excellent
stability and transient response. To ensure the longest battery life in
portable applications, the PAM2304 provides a power-saving Pulse-
Skipping Modulation (PSM) mode to reduce quiescent current under
light load operation to save power.
The PAM2304 supports a range of input voltages from 2.5V to 5.5V,
allowing the use of a single Li+/Li-polymer cell, multiple Alkaline/NiMH
cell, USB and other standard power sources. The output voltage is
adjustable from 0.6V to the input voltage. All versions employ internal
power switch and synchronous rectifier to minimize external part
count and realize high efficiency. During shutdown, the input is
disconnected from the output and the shutdown current is less than
1µA. Other key features include under-voltage lockout to prevent
deep battery discharge.
The PAM2304 is available in TSOT25 and U-DFN2020-6 packages.
• Efficiency up to 95%
• Only 40µA (typ) Quiescent Current
• Output Current: Up to 1A
• Internal Synchronous Rectifier
• 3MHz Switching Frequency
• Soft Start
• Under-Voltage Lockout
• Short Circuit Protection
• Thermal Shutdown
• Small TSOT25 and U-DFN2020-6 Packages
• Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
• Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Smart Phone
• Portable Electronics
• Wireless Devices
• Cordless Phone
• Computer Peripherals
• Battery Powered Widgets
• Electronic Scales
• Digital Frame
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Typical Applications Circuit
Document number: DS36386 Rev. 2 - 2
1 of 12
© Diodes Incorporated