A Product Line of
3W STEREO CLASS-D with DC VOLUME,
POWER LIMIT and ANTI-SATURATION
The PAM8008 is a 3W, Class-D audio amplifier. Advanced 64-step
DC volume control minimizes external components and allows
speaker volume control.
Integrated power limit technology which suppress the output signal
clip automatically due to the over level input signal. It offers low
THD+N and protect speaker.
Integrated anti-saturation technology which suppress the output
signal clip automatically when supply voltage changes. It offers low
THD+N, to produce high-quality sound reproduction.
PAM8008 has an additional noise reduction circuit which achieves
6dB noise attenuation. This circuit may help eliminate external
filtering, thereby saving the board space and components cost.
The PAM8008 features SCP (short circuit protection), OTP and
The PAM8008 is available in SOP-16L package.
• 3W Output at 10% THD with a 4 Load and 5V Power Supply
• 2.4W Output at 1% THD with a 4 Load and 5V Power Supply
• Filterless, Low Quiescent Current and Low EMI
• Low THD+N
• Power Limit Function to Protect Speaker when Occuring Large
• 64-Step DC Volume Control from -80dB to +20dB
• 6dB Effective Noise Reduction
• Superior Low Noise: 60µV
• Minimize Pop/Clip Noise
• High Efficiency Up to 90%
• Auto Recovery Short Circuit Protection
• Thermal Shutdown
• Pb-Free Package
• LCD Monitors / TV Projectors
• Notebook/All-In-One Computers
• Portable Speakers
• Portable DVD Players, Game Machines
Document number: DSxxxxx Rev. 1 - 0
1 of 14
© Diodes Incorporated