A Product Line of
MONO 2.0W ANTI-SATURATION CLASS-D
AUDIO POWER AMPLIFIER with POWER LIMIT
The PAM8012 is a 2.0W mono filterless class-D amplifier with high
PSRR and differential input that reduce noise.
Features like 90% efficiency and small PCB area make the PAM8012
Class-D amplifier ideal for cellular handsets. The filterless architecture
requires no external output filter, fewer external components, less
PCB area and lower system costs, and simplifies application design.
The PAM8012 features anti-saturation function which detect output
signal clip due to the over input level and keep the output non-
saturation automatically to get the excellent sound quality.
The maximum output power without clip can be set by one resistor at
PL pin that to prevent the speaker to be damaged.
The PAM8012 features short circuit protection and over temperature
The PAM8012 is available in tiny WCSP9 (1.3mm x 1.3mm) and
• 1.0W/2.0W @ <1% THD Output with a 8Ω/ 4Ω Load at 5V
• Maximum Output Power Can Be Set by One External Resistor
• Minimized ON/OFF Pop Noise
• Superior Low Noise
• High PSRR
• Supply Voltage from 2.5V to 5.5V
• Auto Recovering Short Circuit Protection
• Over Temperature Protection
• 9 Ball, 1.3mm x 1.3mm, 0.4mm Pitch WCSP and eMSOP10
• Wireless or Cellular Handsets and PDAs
• Portable Navigation Devices
• General Portable Audio Devices
Document number: DSxxxxx Rev. 1 - 3
1 of 14
© Diodes Incorporated