3-VRMS Line Driver with Adjustable Gain
The PAM8100 is a 3-VRMS pop-free stereo line driver designed to
allow the removal of the output DC-blocking capacitors for reduced
component count and cost. The device is ideal for single-supply
electronics where size and cost are critical design parameters.
The PAM8100 is capable of driving 3Vrms into a 2.5-kΩ load with 5-V
supply voltage. The device has differential inputs and uses external
gain-setting resistors to support a gain range of ±1 V/V to ±10 V/V.
The PAM8100 has built-in mute control for pop-free on/off control.
The PAM8100 has an external and internal undervoltage detector that
mutes the output.
Using the PAM8100 in audio products can reduce component count
considerably compared to traditional methods of generating a 3-Vrms
The PAM8100 is available in a 14-pin TSSOP.
- Eliminates Output DC-Blocking Capacitors
- Provides Flat Frequency Response 20Hz-
Low Noise and THD
- SNR > 105 dB
- Typical Vn < 13uVms
- THD+N < 0.005%
Output Voltage Into 2.5-kΩ Load
- 2 Vrms With 3.3V Supply Voltage
- 3 Vrms With 5V Supply Voltage
- External Undervoltage Mute
Lead-Free Finish; RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
Typical Applications Circuit
PDP / LCD TVs
Blu-ray Disc™, DVD Players
Home Theater in a Box
O UTP UT
2 - INR
- INL 13
C1 PAM8100 C1
O UTP UT
1. EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant. All applicable RoHS exemptions applied.
2. See http://www.diodes.com/quality/lead_free.html for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green"
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS36986 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 7
© Diodes Incorporated