The PAM8904 is a piezo sounder driver with integrated a charge
pump boost converter. The PAM8904 is capable for driving a
ceramic/piezo sounder with 18Vpp from a 3V power supply. The
charge pump can operate in either of a 1X, 2X and 3X mode.
The boost converter operates at a fixed frequency of 1.0MHz and
provides a 9V output with a minimum number of external
components. The PAM8904 can drive up to 15nF loading. PAM
unique drive technology provides small inrush current, low EMI and
PAM8904 built-in automatic shutdown and wake up that guarantees
longer battery life.
PAM8904 features thermal shutdown, over current protection, over
voltage protection and under voltage lock-out.
The PAM8904 is available in a 16pin U-QFN3030 package.
• Supply voltage Range From 2.3V to 5.5V
• 18VPP Output from a 3V Supply
• Integrated Boost Converter Generates 9V Supply
• Input signal 20 Hz to 300KHz
• No Voltage Cross Output At Shutdown Mode
• Low Current Consumption
• Automatic Standby and Wake-up Control
• Available in Space Saving Packages 16pin QFN package
A Product Line of
18VPP OUTPUT PEIZO SOUNDER DRIVER
NC VIN CP2 VOUT
CN1 GND VO2 NC
• Health Care System
• Alarm Clock
• Security Device
• Home Appliance
Typical Applications Circuit
Document number: DS37246 Rev. 1 - 2
1 of 6
© Diodes Incorporated