Multi-Channel Relay and Inductive Load Sink Driver
The ULN2003V12 and ULN2003F12 are multi-channel sink drivers
comprised of 7-channel and 4-channel output stages respectively.
The ULN2003V12 sink driver features 7 low output impedance drivers
that minimize on-chip power dissipation and an actual low power
upgrade version for popular ULN2003A family in real applications.
When driving a typical 12V relay coil, a ULN2003V12 will dissipate 12
times lower power compared to ULN2003A. ULN2003F12 is a lower
power variant benefiting from fewer channel integration and a better
fit for applications requiring only 4-channel drivers, such as driving
low voltage stepping motors, etc.
The ULN2003V12 and ULN2003F12 both support 3.3V to 5V CMOS
logic input interface, thus making it compatible to a wide range of
micro-controllers and other logic interfaces, and also feature an
improved input interface that minimizes the input DC current drawn
from the external drivers. The input RC snubber circuit integrated at
ULN2003V12 and ULN2003F12 improves the performance in noisy
operating conditions, and the internal pull-down resistor at input stage
helps allow input logic to be tri-stated.
As shown in the Functional Diagram, each output of the ULN2003V12
and ULN2003F12 features an internal free-wheeling diode connected
in a common-cathode configuration at the COM pin which provides
flexibility of increasing current sink capability through combining
several adjacent channels in parallel. Under typical conditions the
ULN2003V12 can support up to 1.0A of load current when all 7-
channels are connected in parallel.
( Top View )
SO-16 / TSSOP-16
• 4- and 7-Channel High Current Sink Drivers
• Supports up to 20V Output Pull-up Voltage
• Low Output VOL of 0.6V (Typical) with
• 100mA (Typ.) Current Sink per Channel at 3.3V Logic Input
• 140mA (Typ.) Current Sink per Channel at 5.0V Logic Input
• Compatible to 3.3V and 5.0V Micro-Controllers and Logic
• Internal Free-wheeling Diodes for Inductive Kick-back Protection
• Input Pull-down Resistors Allows Tri-Stating the Input Driver
• Input RC-Snubber to Eliminate Spurious Operation in Noisy
• ESD: 4kV HBM, 1kV CDM
• Available in 16-Pin SOIC, 16-Pin TSSOP and 10-Pin DFN3030
• Available in “Green” Molding Compound (No Br, Sb)
Totally Lead-Free & Fully RoHS Compliant (Notes 1 & 2)
Halogen and Antimony Free. “Green” Device (Note 3)
• Inputs Compatible with Popular Logic Types
• Relay Driver Applications
• Stepping Motor Applications
• Logic Level Shifter
1. No purposely added lead. Fully EU Directive 2002/95/EC (RoHS) & 2011/65/EU (RoHS 2) compliant.
2. See http://www.diodes.com for more information about Diodes Incorporated’s definitions of Halogen- and Antimony-free, "Green" and Lead-free.
3. Halogen- and Antimony-free "Green” products are defined as those which contain <900ppm bromine, <900ppm chlorine (<1500ppm total Br + Cl) and
<1000ppm antimony compounds.
Document number: DS37620 Rev. 2 - 2
1 of 8
© Diodes Incorporated