· Voltage Range 8.2V - 200V
· Glass Passivated Junction
· 5W Steady State
· High Surge Capability
· ±5% Voltage Tolerance on Nominal
VZ is Standard
· 100% Tested
· Case: Molded Plastic Over Glass Passivated
· Leads: Solderable per MIL-STD-202,
· Polarity: Cathode Band
· Approx. Weight: 1.2 grams
1N5344B - 1N5388B
5W ZENER DIODE
Dim Min Max
A 25.40 —
All Dimensions in mm
Maximum Ratings @ TA = 25°C unless otherwise specified
DC Power Dissipation @ TL = 75°C 9.5mm from
Body (Board Mounted)
Power Derating Above 75°C Lead Temperature
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
-55 to +175
1. Nominal Zener Voltage (VZ) is read with the device in standard test clips with 3/8- to 1/2-inch spacing between clip and case
of the diode. Before reading, the diode is allowed to stabilize for a period of 40 ±10 milliseconds at 25°C +8, -2°C.
2. The Zener Impedance (ZZ or ZZK) is derived from the 60 Hz ac voltage, which results when an ac current having an rms
value equal to 10% of the dc zener current (IZT or IZK) is superimposed on IZT or IZK, respectively.
3. The Surge Current (IZSM) is specified as the maximum peak of a nonrecurrent sine wave of 8.3 milliseconds duration.
4. Voltage regulation (DVZ) is the difference between the voltage measured at 10% and 50% of IZM.
DS21407 Rev. D-3
1 of 3