Dual High-Side Switch for
This 33486A is a self-protected dual 15 mΩ high-side switch that
incorporates a dual low-side switch control and protection features.
This device is used to replace electromechanical relays and discrete
devices in power management applications. It is designed for typical
DC-motor control in an H-Bridge configuration.
The 33486A can directly interface with a microcontroller for control
and diagnostic functions. It is PWM-capable and has a self-adjusting
switching speed for minimizing electromagnetic emission.
• Dual 15 mΩ High-Side Switch with Dual Low-Side Control
• 10 A Nominal DC Current
• 8.0 V to 28 V Operating Voltage with Standby Current < 10 µA
• High-Side Overtemperature Protection
• High-Side and Low-Side Overcurrent Protection
• Current Recopy to Monitor High-Side Current
• PWM Capability up to 30 kHz
• Common Diagnostic Output
• Overvoltage and Undervoltage Detection
• Cross-Conduction Management
Document order number: MC33486A
Rev 2.0, 12/2005
DUAL HIGH-SIDE SWITCH
-40°C to 125°C
Figure 1. 33486A Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2005. All rights reserved.