Document Number: MC33663
Rev. 2.0, 12/2013
LIN 2.1 / SAEJ2602-2 Dual LIN
The local interconnect network (LIN) is a serial communication
protocol designed to support automotive networks in conjunction with
controller area network (CAN). As the lowest level of a hierarchical
network, LIN enables cost-effective communication with sensors and
actuators when all the features of CAN are not required.
The 33663 product line integrates two physical layer LIN bus
dedicated to automotive LIN sub-bus applications. The MC33663LEF
and MC33663SEF devices offer normal baud rate (20 kbps) and the
MC33663JEF slow baud rate (10 kbps). Both devices integrate fast
baud rate (above 100 kbps) for test and programming modes. They
present excellent electromagnetic compatibility (EMC) and radiated
emission performance, electrostatic discharge (ESD) robustness and
safe behavior, in the event of LIN bus short-to-ground or LIN bus
leakage during low-power mode.
DUAL LIN TRANSCEIVER
EF SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
• Operational from VSUP 7.0 to 18 V DC, functional up to 27 V DC,
and handles 40 V during load dump
• Compatible with LIN protocol specification 2.1, and SAEJ2602-2
(add an R2 suffix for
Tape and reel orders)
• Very high immunity against electromagnetic interference
• Low standby current in Sleep mode
• Over-temperature protection
- 40 to 125°C
• Permanent dominant state detection
• Fast baud rate mode selection reported by RXD
• Active bus waveshaping offering excellent radiated emission
• Sustains ±15.0 kV ESD IEC6100-4-2 on LIN BUS and VSUP pins
• 5.0 and 3.3 V compatible digital inputs without any external components required
LIN Interface 1
LIN Interface 2
Figure 1. 33663 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2013. All rights reserved.