Document order number: MC34710
Rev. 3.0, 3/2006
Dual Output DC-DC & Linear
The 34710 is a dual-output power regulator IC integrating
switching regulator, linear regulator, supervisory and power supply
sequencing circuitry. With a wide operating input voltage range of
13 V to 32 V, the 34710 is applicable to many commercial and
industrial applications using embedded MCUs.
A mode-selected 5.0 Vor 3.3 V DC-DC switching regulator is
provided for board-level I/O and user circuitry up to 700 mA. A linear
regulator provides mode-selected core supply voltages of either 3.3V,
2.5V,1.8V, or 1.5V at currents up to 500 mA.
The supervisor circuitry ensures that the regulator outputs follow a
predetermined power-up and power-down sequence.
• Efficient 5.0 V/3.3 V Buck Regulator
• Low Noise LDO Regulator (mode-selected 3.3V, 2.5V,1.8V, or
• On-Chip Thermal Shutdown Circuitry
• Supervisory Functions (Power-ON Reset and Error Reset
• Sequenced I/O and Core Voltages
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EW
DUAL OUTPUT DC-DC & LINEAR
EW SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
*PC33710EW / R2
-40°C to 105°
0°C to 85°C
*Device in development.
Electrical parameters being defined.
13 V to 32 V
Figure 1. 34710 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006. All rights reserved.