Freescale Semiconductor, Inc.
SEMICONDUCTOR TECHNICAL DATA
Document order number: MC33999
Rev 1.0, 01/2004
16-Output Switch with SPI and PWM
The 33999 is a 16-output low-side switch with a 24-bit serial input control.
It is designed for a variety of applications including inductive, incandescent,
and LED loads. The Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI) provides both input
control and diagnostic readout. Eight parallel inputs are also provided for direct
Pulse Width Modulation (PWM) control of eight dedicated outputs.
Additionally, an output-programmable PWM input provides PWM of any
combination of outputs. A dedicated reset input provides the ability to clear all
internal registers and turn all outputs off.
The 33999 directly interfaces with microcontrollers and is compatible with
both 3.3 V and 5.0 V CMOS logic levels. The 33999, in effect, serves as a bus
expander and buffer with fault management features that reduces the MCU’s
fault management burden.
• Designed to Operate 5.0 V < VPWR < 27 V
• 24-Bit SPI for Control and Fault reporting, 3.3 V/5.0 V Compatible
• Outputs Are Current Limited (0.9 A to 2.5 A) to Drive Incandescent
• Output Voltage Clamp of +50 V During Inductive Switching
• On/Off Control of Open Load Detect Current (LED Application)
• VPWR Standby Current < 10 µA
• RDS(ON) of 0.55 Ω at 25°C Typical
• Independent Overtemperature Protection
• Output Selectable for PWM Control
• Output ON Short-to-VBAT and OFF Short-to-Ground/Open Detection
• 54-Pin Exposed Pad Package for Thermal Performance
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EK
POWER DUAL OCTAL SERIAL
SWITCH WITH SERIAL
PERIPHERAL INTERFACE I/O
EK (Pb-FREE) SUFFIX
54-LEAD SOICW EXPOSED PAD
PC33999EK/R2 -40°C to 125°C 54 SOICW-EP
3.3 V/5.0 V
This document contains information on a product under development.
Motorola reserves the right to change or discontinue this product without notice.
© Motorola, Inc. 2004
For More Information On This Product,
Go to: www.freescale.com