Document Number: MC33661
Rev. 6.0, 11/2006
Local Area Network (LIN)
Enhanced Physical Interface
with Selectable Slew Rate
Local Interconnect Network (LIN) is a serial communication protocol
designed to support automotive networks in conjunction with Controller
Area Network (CAN). As the lowest level of a hierarchical network, LIN
enables cost-effective communication with sensors and actuators
when all the features of CAN are not required.
The 33661 is a Physical Layer component dedicated to automotive
LIN sub-bus applications. It offers slew rate selection for optimized
operation at 10 kbps and 20 kbps, fast baud rate (above 100 kbps) for
test and programming modes, excellent radiated emission
performance, and safe behavior in the event of LIN bus short-to-ground
or LIN bus leakage during low-power mode.
The 33661 is compatible with LIN Protocol Specification 2.0.
• Operational from VSUP 6.0 V to 18 V DC, Functional up to 27 V DC,
and Handles 40 V During Load Dump
• Active Bus Waveshaping Offering Excellent Radiated Emission
• 5.0 kV ESD on LIN Bus Pin
• 30 kΩ Internal Pullup Resistor
• LIN Bus Short-to-Ground or High Leakage in Sleep Mode
• -18 V to +40 V DC Voltage at LIN Pin
• 8.0 µA in Sleep Mode
• Local and Remote Wake-Up Capability Reported by INH and
• 5.0 V and 3.3 V Compatible Digital Inputs Without Any External
• Pb-Free Packaging Designated by Suffix Code EF
LIN PHYSICAL INTERFACE
EF SUFFIX (PB-FREE)
-40°C to 125°C
Figure 1. 33661 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2006. All rights reserved.