LIN System Basis Chip with DC
Document Number: MC33911
Rev. 4.0, 2/2008
The 33911 is a Serial Peripheral Interface (SPI)-controlled System
Basis Chip (SBC) combining many frequently used functions in an
MCU-based system, plus a Local Interconnect Network (LIN)
transceiver. The 33911 has a 5.0V - 60mA low dropout regulator with
full protection and reporting features. The device provides full SPI-
readable diagnostics and a selectable timing watchdog for detecting
errant operation. The LIN Protocol Specification 2.0 compliant LIN
transceiver, has waveshaping circuitry that can be disabled for higher
SYSTEM BASIS CHIP WITH LIN
One 60mA high side switch and two 160mA low side switches with
www.DataSheeot4uUtp.cuotmprotection are available for driving resistive and inductive loads.
All outputs can be pulse-width modulated (PWM). Two high-voltage
inputs are available for use in contact monitoring, or as external wake-
up inputs. These inputs can be used as high-voltage analog Inputs.
The voltage on theses pins is divided by a selectable ratio and
available via an analog multiplexer.
The 33911 has three main operating modes: Normal (all functions
available), Sleep (VDD off, wake-up via LIN, wake-up inputs (L1,L2),
cyclic sense, and forced wake-up), and Stop (VDD on with limited
current capability, wake-up via CS, LIN bus, wake-up inputs, cyclic
sense, forced wake-up, and external reset).
The 33911 is compatible with LIN Protocol Specification 2.0.
AC SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
• One 60mA high side switch and two 160mA low side switches
• Two high-voltage analog/logic inputs
• Full-duplex SPI Interface at frequencies up to 4MHz
• LIN transceiver capable of up to 100kbps with wave shaping
• Configurable window watchdog
• 5.0V low drop regulator with fault detection and low-voltage reset (LVR) circuitry
• Pb-free packaging designated by suffix code AC
-40°C to 125°C
-40°C to 85°C
Figure 1. 33911 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.