5.0 A Throttle Control H-Bridge
The 33926 is a SMARTMOS monolithic H-Bridge Power IC
designed primarily for automotive electronic throttle control, but is
applicable to any low-voltage DC servo motor control application
within the current and voltage limits stated in this specification.
The 33926 is able to control inductive loads with currents up to
5.0 A peak. RMS current capability is subject to the degree of
heatsinking provided to the device package. Internal peak-current
limiting (regulation) is activated at load currents above 6.5 A 1.5 A.
Output loads can be pulse width modulated (PWM’ed) at frequencies
up to 20 kHz. A load current feedback feature provides a proportional
(0.24% of the load current) current output suitable for monitoring by a
microcontroller’s A/D input. A Status Flag output reports
undervoltage, overcurrent, and overtemperature fault conditions.
Two independent inputs provide polarity control of two half-bridge
totem-pole outputs. Two independent disable inputs are provided to
force the H-Bridge outputs to tri-state (high-impedance off state). An
inverted input changes the IN1 and IN2 inputs to LOW = true logic.
• 5.0 to 28 V continuous operation (transient operation from 5.0 to
• 225 m maximum RDS(on) at 150 °C (each H-Bridge MOSFET)
• 3.0 V and 5.0 V TTL / CMOS logic compatible inputs
• Overcurrent limiting (Regulation) via an internal constant-off-time
• Output short-circuit protection (short to VPWR or ground)
• Temperature dependent current limit threshold reduction
• All Inputs have an internal source/sink to define the default (floating
• Sleep mode with current draw < 50 µA (with inputs floating or set to
match default logic states)
Document Number: MC33926
Rev. 10.0, 8/2014
AUTOMOTIVE THROTTLE H-BRIDGE
ACTUATOR/ MOTOR EXCITER
PNB SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
• Electronic Throttle Control (ETC)
• Exhaust Gas Recirculation (EGR)
• Turbo Flap Control
• Industrial and Medical pumps and motor control
Figure 1. 33926 Simplified Application Diagram
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007 - 2014. All rights reserved.