5.0 A 1.0 MHz Fully Integrated
Single Switch-Mode Power
The 34713 is a highly integrated, space efficient, low cost, single
synchronous buck switching regulator with integrated N-channel
power MOSFETs. It is a high performance point-of-load (PoL) power
supply with the ability to track an external reference voltage in
different configurations. This device is powered by SMARTMOS
Its high efficient 5.0 A continuous output current capability
combined with its voltage tracking/sequencing ability and tight output
regulation, makes it ideal as a single power supply.
The 34713 offers the designer the flexibility of many control,
supervisory, and protection functions to allow for easy implementation
of complex designs. It is housed in a Pb-free, thermally enhanced,
and space-efficient 24-Pin Exposed Pad QFN.
• 50 m integrated N-channel power MOSFETs
• Input voltage operating range from 3.0 to 6.0 V
• 1% accurate output voltage, ranging from 0.7 to 3.6 V
• Voltage tracking capability in different configurations.
• Programmable switching frequency range from 200 kHz to
1.0 MHz with a default of 1.0 MHz
• Programmable soft start timing
• Over-current limit and short-circuit protection
• Thermal shutdown
• Output over-voltage and under-voltage detection
• Active low power good output signal
• Active low shutdown input.
Document Number: MC34713
Rev. 6.0, 11/2014
SWITCH-MODE POWER SUPPLY
MC34713EP/R2 -40 °C to 85 °C
(3.0 TO 6.0 V) VIN
Figure 1. 34713 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2008-2014. All rights reserved.