5.0 A 1.0 MHz Fully Integrated
Dual Switch-Mode Power
Document Number: MC34717
Rev 5.0, 12/2014
The 34717 is a highly integrated, space-efficient, low cost, dual
synchronous buck switching regulator with integrated N-channel
power MOSFETs. It is a high performance dual point-of-load (PoL)
power supply with many desired features for the 3.3 and 5.0 V
Both channels can provide up to 5.0 A of continuous output current
capability with high efficiency and tight output regulation. The second
channel has the ability to track an external reference voltage in
The 34717 SMARTMOS device offers the designer the flexibility of
many control, supervisory, and protection functions to allow for easy
implementation of complex designs. It is housed in a Pb-free,
thermally enhanced, and space efficient 26 pin exposed pad QFN.
• 50 m integrated N-channel power MOSFETs
• Input voltage operating range from 3.0 to 6.0 V
• 1% accurate output voltages, ranging from 0.7 to 3.6 V
• The second output has voltage tracking capability in different
• Programmable switching frequency range from 200 kHz to
• Programmable soft start timing
• Over-current limit and short-circuit protection
• Thermal shutdown
• Output overvoltage and undervoltage detection
• Active low power good output signal
• Active low shutdown input.
DUAL SWITCH-MODE POWER SUPPLY
EP SUFFIX (PB_FREE)
MC34717EP/R2 -40 °C to 85 °C
3.0 TO 6.0 V VIN
Figure 1. 34717 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007-2014. All rights reserved.