Document Number: MC33800
Rev. 5.0, 10/2007
Engine Control Integrated
The 33800 is a combination output switch and driver Integrated
Circuit (IC) which can be used in numerous powertrain applications.
The IC contains two programmable constant current drivers (CCD),
an octal, low side, serial switch (OSS), and six, external MOSFET
gate pre-drivers (GD). The IC has over-voltage, under-voltage, and
thermal protection. All drivers and switches, including the external
MOSFETs, have over-current protection, off-state open load
detection, on-state shorted load detection, and fault annunciation via
the serial peripheral interface (SPI).
Additional features include: Low power Sleep Mode, Heated
Exhaust Gas Oxygen (HEGO) sensor diagnostics, output control via
serial and/or parallel inputs, PWM capability, and programmable
current output with dithering. These features, along with cost effective
packaging, make the 33800 ideal for Powertrain Engine Control
EK SUFFIX (Pb-FREE)
• Wide operating voltage range, 5 < VPWR < 36V
• Interfaces to 3.3V and 5V microprocessors via SPI protocol
• Low, Sleep Mode, standby current, typically 10uA.
• Internal or external voltage reference
• Internal oscillator with calibrate capability
• Measures resistance to monitor HEGO sensors
• CCDs have programmable current, dither frequency and amplitude
• OSSs can be paralleled to increase current capability
• GDs have programmable frequency and duty cycle PWM
• All outputs controllable via serial and/or parallel inputs
• Pb-free packaging designated by suffix code EK
-40°C to 125°C
54 SOICW EP
Figure 1. MC33800 Simplified Application Diagram
* This document contains certain information on a new product.
Specifications and information herein are subject to change without notice.
© Freescale Semiconductor, Inc., 2007. All rights reserved.