3.3V RT / MT MIL-STD-1553 / MIL-STD-1760
Compact Multi-Terminal Device with SPI Host Interface
The 3.3V CMOS HI-6136 device is a member of
Holt’s MIL-STD-1553 MAMBATM family and provides
a complete single- or multi-function interface between
a host processor and MIL-STD-1553B bus. Each IC
contains a Remote Terminal (RT) and a Bus Monitor
Terminal (MT). Any combination of the contained 1553
functions can be enabled for concurrent operation. The
enabled terminals communicate with the MIL-STD-1553
buses through a shared on-chip dual bus transceiver and
external transformers. The user allocates 16K bytes of
on-chip static RAM between devices to suit application
• Built-in self-test for protocol logic, digital signal
paths and internal RAM.
• Optional self-initialization at reset uses external
• ±8kV ESD Protection (HBM, all pins).
• Two temperature ranges: -40oC to +85oC, or
-55oC to +125oC with optional burn-in.
• RoHS compliant and Tin / Lead options available.
PIN CONFIGURATION (TOP)
The HI-6136 communicates with the host via a 40 MHz
4-wire serial peripheral interface (SPI). Programmable
interrupts provide terminal status to the host processor.
Circular data buffers in RAM have interrupts for rollover
and programmable “level attained”.
The HI-6136 can be configured for automatic self-
initialization after reset. A dedicated SPI port reads
data from an external serial EEPROM to fully configure
registers and RAM and optionally start execution for any
of the terminal devices.
MODE - 1
IRQ - 2
ACKIRQ - 3
MODE1760 - 4
READY - 5
VCC - 6
GND - 7
ACTIVE - 8
RTSSF - 9
AUTOEN - 10
TXINHA - 11
TXINHB - 12
36 - TTCLK
35 - ESCLK
34 - EECOPY
33 - ECS
32 - MOSI
31 - VCC
30 - GND
29 - MISO
28 - MTTCLK
27 - LOCK
26 - RTA4
25 - RTA3
• Concurrent multi-terminal operation for RT and/or
MT MIL-STD-1553B functions.
• 8K x 17-bit words internal static RAM with parity
• Autonomous terminal operation requires minimal
• 40 MHz SPI Host Interface.
• MIL-STD-1760 option sets Busy bit in Status
Word response during initialization.
• World’s smallest MIL-STD-1553 terminal, QFN
package measures just 6mm x 6mm.
• Simple Monitor Terminal (SMT) Mode records
commands and data separately, with 16-bit or 48-
bit time tagging.
• Independent 16-bit time tag counters and clock
sources for RT and MT. The MT also has a 48-bit
time count option.
• 64-Word Interrupt Log Buffer queues the most
recent 32 interrupts. Hardware-assisted interrupt
decoding quickly identifies interrupt sources.
48 - Pin Plastic 6mm x 6mm
Chip-Scale Package (QFN)
See Section 24.1 on page 202 for 48-Pin PQFP Configuration
DS6136 Rev. E
HOLT INTEGRATED CIRCUITS