SMDJ5.0CA-3 Thru SMDJ75CA-3
3000W Transient Voltage Suppressors
TVS Diodes - 3000W > SMDJ-3 Series
The SMDJ-3 series is designed specifically to protect sensitive electronic equipment from voltage transients induced by
lightning and other transient voltage events.
• For surface mounted applications in order to optimize board space
• Reliable low cost construction utilizing molded plastic technique
• Plastic material has UL flammability classification 94V-O
• Typical IR less than 1uA above 10V
• Fast response time: typically less than 1.0ps from 0 Volts to VBR min
• Glass passivated junction
• Low inductance
Package: DO-214AB/ SMC-3
• I/O interface • AC/DC power supply
• Low frequency signal transmission line (RS232, RS485, etc.)
Peak Pulse Power Dissipation at TA=25℃ by 10x1000μs waveform
(Fig.1)(Note 1), (Note 2)
Peak pulse current of at 10/1000μs waveform (Note 1, Fig.3)
See Table Amps
Steady state power dissipation at TA=50℃ (Fig.5)
Peak forward surge current, 8.3ms single half sine-wave
superimposed on rated load, (JEDEC Method) (Note3, Fig.6)
Operating Junction and Storage Temperature Range
-65 to 150
Typical Thermal Resistance Junction to Lead
Typical Thermal Resistance Junction to Ambient
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig.3 and derated above TA=25℃ per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on 8.0x8.0mm copper pad to each terminal.
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, or equivalent square wave, duty cycle=4 pulses per minutes maximum.
Specifications are subject to change without notice