• Operating voltage: 2.2V~5.5V
• Low standby current
• Reliable touch detections
• Standby and normal operating modes
• Maximum key on duration time detection
• Adaptive voltage drop function
• Level Hold, selectable active level- low or high
• NMOS output with internal pull-high/CMOS-
• Both serial interface and parallel outputs
• Sensitivity adjustment using an external capacitor
• Minimal number of external components
The BS81x is a series of 2~16 key touch key devices
which can detect human body contact using external
touch pads. The high level of device integration
enable applications to be implemented with a
minimum number of external components.
The BS81x series devices are equipped with serial or
parallel interfaces to allow easy communication with
an external MCU for device setup and for touch pin
monitoring purposes. Special internal circuitry is also
employed to ensure excellent power noise rejection to
reduce the possibility of false detections, increasing
the touch switch application reliability under adverse
With auto-calibration, low standby current, excellent
resistance to voltage fluctuation and other features,
this range of touch key devices provide a simple and
effective means of implementing touch key operation
in a wide variety of applications.
For this device series, most of the feature are similar. The BS8112A-3 and BS8116A-3 provide I2C function.
The BS814A-2 and BS818A-2 include a serial interface function while the BS812A-1, BS813A-1, BS814A-1
and BS816A-1 have parallel outputs. Meanwhile the BS8112A-3 and BS8116A-3 can set up some options and
the sensitivity through the I2C communication interface and the BS816A-1 and BS818A-2 include two hardware
options. The following table summarizes the main characteristics of each device.
6-Key OMS/LSC(Note 1)
8-Key OMS/LSC(Note 1)
Note: 1. Refer to the OMS/LSC Option table.
2. Refer to the I2C Option table.
1 January 19, 2016