The ICS844011I is a Fibre Channel Clock
ICS Generator and a member of the HiPerClocksTM
HiPerClockS™ family of high performance devices from ICS.
The ICS844011I uses an 18pF parallel resonant
crystal over the range of 20.4MHz - 28.3MHz. For
Fibre Channel applications, a 26.5625MHz crystal is used.
The ICS844011I has excellent <1ps phase jitter per-
formance, over the 637kHz - 10MHz integration range. The
ICS844011I is packaged in a small 8-pin TSSOP, making it
ideal for use in systems with limited board space.
• (1) Differential LVDS output
• Crystal oscillator interface, 18pF parallel resonant crystal
(20.4MHz - 28.3MHz)
• Output frequency range: 81.66MHz - 113.33MHz
• VCO range: 490MHz - 680MHz
• RMS phase jitter @ 106.25MHz, using a 26.5625MHz crystal
(637kHz - 10MHz): 0.75ps (typical)
• 3.3V or 2.5V operating supply
• -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature
COMMON CONFIGURATION TABLE - FIBRE CHANNEL
Crystal Frequency (MHz) M
490MHz - 680MHz
N = ÷6 (fixed)
M = ÷24 (fixed)
4.40mm x 3.0mm x 0.925mm
The Preliminary Information presented herein represents a product in prototyping or pre-production. The noted characteristics are based on initial
product characterization. Integrated Circuit Systems, Incorporated (ICS) reserves the right to change any circuitry or specifications without notice.
REV. A JUNE 28, 2005