Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
Document Type: Data Sheet
Document Stage: Rev. K Release
3.3-V 10Base-T/100Base-TX Integrated PHYceiver™
The ICS1893CF is a low-power, physical-layer device (PHY)
that supports the ISO/IEC 10Base-T and 100Base-TX
Carrier-Sense Multiple Access/Collision Detection
(CSMA/CD) Ethernet standards, ISO/IEC 8802-3.
The ICS1893CF is intended for MII, Node applications that
require the Auto-MDIX feature that automatically corrects
crossover errors in plant wiring.
The ICS1893CF incorporates Digital-Signal Processing (DSP)
control in its Physical-Medium Dependent (PMD) sub layer. As
a result, it can transmit and receive data on unshielded
twisted-pair (UTP) category 5 cables with attenuation in
excess of 24 dB at 100MHz. With this ICS-patented
technology, the ICS1893CF can virtually eliminate errors from
The ICS1893CF provides a Serial-Management Interface for
exchanging command and status information with a
Station-Management (STA) entity. The ICS1893CF
Media-Dependent Interface (MDI) can be configured to
provide either half- or full-duplex operation at data rates of 10
Mb/s or 100Mb/s.
The ICS1893CF is available in a 300-mil 48-lead SSOP
package. The ICS1893CF shares the same proven
performance circuitry with the ICS1893BF and is a pin-for-pin
replacement of the 1893BF.
Applications: NIC cards, PC motherboards, switches,
routers, DSL and cable modems, game machines, printers,
network connected appliances, and industrial equipment.
• Supports category 5 cables with attenuation in excess of
24dB at 100 MHz.
• Single-chip, fully integrated PHY provides PCS, PMA, PMD,
and AUTONEG sub layers functions of IEEE standard.
• 10Base-T and 100Base-TX IEEE 8802.3 compliant
• Single 3.3V power supply
• Highly configurable, supports:
– Media Independent Interface (MII)
– Auto-Negotiation with Parallel detection
– Node applications, managed or unmanaged
– 10M or 100M full and half-duplex modes
– Loopback mode for Diagnostic Functions
– Auto-MDI/MDIX crossover correction
• Low-power CMOS (typically 400 mW)
• Power-Down mode typically 21mW
• Clock and crystal supported
• Fully integrated, DSP-based PMD includes:
– Adaptive equalization and baseline-wander correction
– Transmit wave shaping and stream cipher scrambler
– MLT-3 encoder and NRZ/NRZI encoder
• Small footprint 48-pin 300 mil. SSOP package
• Also available in small footprint 56-pin 8x8 MLF2 package
• Available in Industrial Temp
ICS1893CF Block Diagram
• Parallel to Serial
• Clock Recovery
• Link Monitor
• Signal Detection
• Error Detection
• Stream Cipher
• Adaptive Equalizer
• Baseline Wander
LEDs and PHY
ICS1893CF, Rev. K, 05/13/10
IDT reserves the right to make changes in the device data identified in
this publication without further notice. IDT advises its customers to
obtain the latest version of all device data to verify that any information
being relied upon by the customer is current and accurate.