• Monolithic 16-bit CMOS I'P slice
• Replaces four 2903As/29203s and a 2902A
-20% faster than four 2903As/29203s and a 2902A
• Low-power CMOS
-Commercial - 150mA (max.)
-Military - 200mA (max.)
• Performs binary and BCD arithmetic
• Expandable two-address architecture with independent,
simultaneous access to internal 64 x 16 register file
• Word/BYTE control
• Expanded 4 word x 16-bit Q Register
• Performs BYTE swap operation
• Fully cascadable without the need for additional
• Incorporates three 16-bit bidirectional buses
• High output drive
-Commercial - 24mA (max.)
-Military - 20mA (max.)
• Available in 108-pin grid array and 144-pin leaded chip carrier
• Military product 100% screened to MIL-STD-883, Class B
The IDT49C403/A are high-speed, fully cascadable 16-bit
CEMOS'· microprocessor slices. They combine the standard
functions of four 2903s/29203s and one 2902, with additional
control features aimed at enhancing the performance of all bit-
slice microprocessor designs.
Included in these extremely low-power, yet fast, IDT49C403
devices are: 3 bidirectional data buses, 64 word x 16-bit dual-port
expandable RAM, 4 word x 16-bit Q Register file, parity genera-
tion, sign extension, multiplication/division and normalization
logic. Additionally, the IDT49C403s offer the special feature of
enhanced byte support through both Word/BYTE control and
BYTE swap control.
The lOT49C403s easily support fast 100ns microcycles and will
enhance the speed of all existing quad 2903Af29203 systems by
20%. Being specified at an extremely low 150mA maximum
(commercial), the lOT devices offer an immediate system power
savings and improved reliability.
The devices are packaged in either 108-pin PGAs or 144-pin
leaded chip carriers. Military product is 100% screened to MIL-
STD-883, Class B, making it ideally suited to military temperature
applications demanding the highest level of performance and
CEMOS and MICROSLICE are trademarks of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
MILITARY AND COMMERCIAL TEMPERATURE RANGES
01986 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
Printed in U.S.A.