Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
FAST CMOS 16-BIT
• Common features:
The 16-bit transceivers are built using advanced dual metal
– 0.5 MICRON CMOS Technology
CMOS technology. These high-speed, low-power transceiv-
– High-speed, low-power CMOS replacement for
ers are ideal for synchronous communication between two
busses (A and B). The Direction and Output Enable controls
– Typical tSK(o) (Output Skew) < 250ps
operate these devices as either two independent 8-bit trans-
– Low input and output leakage ≤ 1µA (max.)
ceivers or one 16-bit transceiver. The direction control pin
– ESD > 2000V per MIL-STD-883, Method 3015;
> 200V using machine model (C = 200pF, R = 0)
(xDIR) controls the direction of data flow. The output enable
pin (xOE) overrides the direction control and disables both
– Packages include 25 mil pitch SSOP, 19.6 mil pitch
ports. All inputs are designed with hysteresis for improved
TSSOP, 15.7 mil pitch TVSOP and 25 mil pitch Cerpack noise margin.
– Extended commercial range of -40°C to +85°C
The FCT16245T are ideally suited for driving high-capaci-
• Features for FCT16245T/AT/CT/ET:
tance loads and low-impedance backplanes. The output buff-
– High drive outputs (-32mA IOH, 64mA IOL)
ers are designed with power off disable capability to allow "live
– Power off disable outputs permit “live insertion”
insertion" of boards when used as backplane drivers.
– Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce) < 1.0V at
The FCT162245T have balanced output drive with current
VCC = 5V, TA = 25°C
limiting resistors. This offers low ground bounce, minimal
• Features for FCT162245T/AT/CT/ET:
undershoot, and controlled output fall times– reducing the
– Balanced Output Drivers: ±24mA (commercial),
need for external series terminating resistors. The
FCT162245T are plug-in replacements for the FCT16245T
– Reduced system switching noise
and ABT16245 for on-board interface applications.
– Typical VOLP (Output Ground Bounce) < 0.6V at
The FCT166245T are suited for very low noise, point-to-
VCC = 5V,TA = 25°C
point driving where there is a single receiver, or a light lumped
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
The IDT logo is a registered trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
2545 drw 01
MILITARY AND COMMERCIAL TEMPERATURE RANGES
©1996 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
2545 drw 02