• High-density 1024K-bit (128K x 8) CMOS static RAM module
• Equivalent to JEDEC standard for future monolithic 128K x 8
• High-speed - 60ns (max.) commercial; 7Sns (max.) military
• Low-power consumption; typically less than SOOmW
operating, less than lS0p.W in standby
• CEMOS~ process virtually eliminates alpha particle soft error
rates (with no organic die coating)
• Assembled with IDT's high-reliability vapor phase solder
• Offered in the JEDEC standard 32-pin, 600 mil wide ceramic
• Single SV (±10%) power supply
• Inputs and outputs directly TTL-compatible
• Modules available with semiconductor components 100%
screened to MIL-STD-883, Class B
• Finished modules tested at Room, Hot and Cold tempera-
tures for all AC and DC parameters as per customer
The IDT8M824 is a 1024K (131,072 x 8) bit high-speed static
RAM constructed on a co-fired ceramic substrate using four
IDT712S632K x 8 static RAMs in leadless chip carriers. Func-
tional equivalence to proposed monolithic one megabit static
RAMs is achieved by utilization of an on-board decoder that
interprets the higher order addresses A'5 and A'6 to select one of
the four 32K x 8 RAMs. Extremely fast speeds can be achieved
with this technique due to use of 2S6K static RAMs and the
decoder fabricated in IDT's high-performance, high-reliability
The IDT8M824 is available with maximum access times as fast
as 60ns for commercial and 7Sns for military temperature ranges,
with maximum power consumption of 1.0 watts. The circuit also
offers a reduced power standby mode. When CS goes high, the
circuit will automatically go to a substantially lower power mode
with maximum power consumption of only 8SmW.
The IDT8M824 is offered in a 32-pin, 600 mil center sidebraze
DIP, adhering to JEDEC standards for one megabit monolithic
pinouts, allowing for compatibility with future monolithics.
All inputs and outputs of the IDT8M824 are TTL-compatible
and operate from a single SV supply. Fully asynchronous cir-
cuitry is used. requiring no clocks or refreshing for operation, and
provides equal access and cycle times for ease of use.
AIiIDT military module semiconductor components are 100%
processed to the test methods of MIL-STD-883, Class B, as well
as being qualified to requirements patterned after Methods SOO4
and SOOS, making them ideally suited to applications demanding
the highest level of performance and reliability.
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
32K x 8
32K x 8
- IDT FCT139
32K x 8
32K x 8
' - - - STATIC
CEMOS is a trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
MILITARY AND COMMERCIAL TEMPERATURE RANGES
II 1986 Integrated Device Technology. Inc.
Printed In U.S.A.