Negative Voltage Hot Swap Controller
with Active Power Filter
Active Power Filter only Evalvation Board
Although the IXHQ100 incorporates all the functions
necessary to implement a state of the art negative voltage hot
swap, a key feature of the IXHQ100 is its Power Active
Filter. For those size and cost sensitive applications
requiring only a Power Active Filter, the evaluation board
schematic is given in Figure 1,with bill of materials in Figure
4. Figure 2 is aripple rejection plot of the Power Active
Filter placed in the test circuit provided in Figure 3.
Some of the advantages of a Power Active Filter over
standard passive filters are:
* Significantly reduced size of the power supply bypass
* Eliminate magnetic noise generation by eliminating the
need for power filter inductors.
* Reduced sensitivity to power supply noise.
* Reduce size, weight, and overall system cost.
ACTIVE POWER FILTER
CAUTION: These devices are
sensitvie to electrostatic discharge;
take caution when handling and
assembling this component.
IXYS reserves the right to change limits, test conditions and dimensions.
Copyright © IXYS CORPORATION 2000