Digital XENSIVTM barometric pressure sensor
The DPS368 is a miniaturized Digital
Barometric Air Pressure Sensor robust
against water, dust and humidity. It offers a
high accuracy and a low current
consumption, capable of measuring both
pressure and temperature. The pressure
sensor element is based on a capacitive
sensing principle which guarantees high
precision during temperature changes. The
small package makes the DPS368 ideal for
mobile applications and wearable devices.
Due to its robustness it can be used in harsh
The internal signal processor converts the output from the pressure and temperature sensor elements to 24 bit
results. Each unit is individually calibrated, the calibration coefficients calculated during this process are stored
in the calibration registers. The coefficients are used in the application to convert the measurement results to
high accuracy pressure and temperature values.
The result FIFO can store up to 32 measurement results, allowing for a reduced host processor polling rate.
Sensor measurements and calibration coefficients are available through the serial I²C or SPI interface. The
measurement status is indicated by status bits or interrupts on the SDO pin.
• Pressure sensor with environmentally resistant package
• Operation range: Pressure: 300 –1200 hPa. Temperature: -40 – 85 °C.
• Pressure sensor precision: ± 0.002 hPa (or ±0.02 m) (high precision mode).
• Relative accuracy: ± 0.06 hPa (or ±0.5 m)
• Absolute accuracy: ± 1 hPa (or ±8 m)
• IPx8 certified: Temporary immersion of 50m for 1 hour
• Temperature accuracy: ± 0.5°C.
• Pressure temperature sensitivity: 0.5Pa/K
• Measurement time: Typical 27.6 ms for standard mode (16x). Minimum: 3.6 ms for low precision mode.
• Average current consumption: 1.7 µA for pressure measurement, 1.5 µA for temperature measurement
@1Hz sampling rate, standby: 0.5 µA.
• Supply voltage: VDDIO: 1.2 – 3.6 V, VDD: 1.7 – 3.6 V.
• Operating modes: Command (manual), Background (automatic), and Standby.
• Calibration: Individually calibrated with coefficients for measurement correction.
• FIFO: Stores up to 32 pressure or temperature measurements.
• Interface: I2C and SPI (both with optional interrupt)
• Package dimensions: 8-pin PG-VLGA-8-2 , 2.0 mm x 2.5 mm x 1.1 mm.
• Green Product (RoHS) Compliant
Please read the Important Notice and Warnings at the end of this document