Digital XENSIVTM barometric pressure & temp sensor for portable and IOT devices
The DPS422 is a miniaturized digital barometric air pressure sensor with high accuracy and low current
consumption, capable of measuring both pressure and temperature. Pressure sensing is carried out using a
capacitive sensor element, guaranteeing high accuracy over temperature. The small 2.0 x 2.5 x 0.73 mm
package makes the DPS422 ideal for mobile applications and wearable devices.
The pressure and temperature sensor elements are measured by a 24-bit ΣΔ ADC. Measurement results can be
accessed over I2C or SPI, with an optional configurable interrupt and a result FIFO capable of holding 32
pressure and/or temperature measurements.
Individual calibration coefficients are generated for each unit during testing, and stored in the fuse registers.
These coefficients are used in the application to convert the measurement results to high accuracy pressure
and temperature values.
• Operation range: Pressure: 300 –1200 hPa. Temperature: -40°C – +85 °C.
• Pressure sensor precision: ± 0.005 hPa (or ±5 cm) (high precision mode).
• Relative accuracy: ± 0.06 hPa (or ±50 cm)
• Absolute accuracy: ± 1 hPa (or ±8 m)
• Temperature accuracy: ± 0.4°C.
• Pressure temperature sensitivity: < 0.5Pa/K
• Measurement time: Typical: 27.6 ms for standard mode (16x). Minimum: 3.6 ms for
low precision mode.
• Average current consumption: 1.7 µA for pressure measurement, 2µA for
temperature measurement @1Hz sampling rate, Standby: <1 µA.
• Supply voltage: VDDIO: 1.2 – 3.6 V, VDD: 1.7 – 3.6 V.
• Operating modes: Command (manual), Background (automatic), and Standby.
• Calibration: Individually calibrated with coefficients for measurement correction.
• FIFO: Stores up to 32 pressure or temperature measurements. Streaming or stop-on-
full mode. Optional interrupt on full or watermark interrupt.
• Interface: I2C with optional interrupt, 4-wire SPI, 3-wire SPI with optional interrupt.
• Package dimensions: 8-pin LGA, dimensions: 2.0 x 2.5 x 0.73 mm (typ).
• Green Product (RoHS) Compliant
• Local weather station and Thermostat ( Micro weather forecasting; room temperature control)
• Air flow control (Smart filter replacement, e.g. in whitegoods; Servers CPU ventilation control)
• Health and sports (Accurate elevation gain and vertical speed detection, e.g. for smart watches)
• Outdoor navigation (GPS start-up time and accuracy improvement; dead-reckoning e.g. in tunnels)
• Indoor navigation ( Floor detection e.g. in shopping malls and parking garages)
• Smart Home ( Intruder detection and environmental monitoring of premises)
Please read the Important Notice and Warnings at the end of this document