SMCTM SB Connector Jumper
• Ultra-flat and special bent connector body with Rmin = 20
• Minimal radius allows nearly 90° bend & twist of cable
• Soft boot for small bend & twist also outside of the body
• Connector plug contains strain relief for ribbon cable
• Spring loaded ferrule in the direction of the optical axis
• Reliable two-sided ESCON® -like latching mechanism
• Uniform pressure of connector endface to
• Integrated mechanical keying
• Lateral guidance of connector housing when mating in an SMC adapter or a module
• Pins for optical alignment precision (male version)
The connector type SMC is an optical multifiber connector which is characterized by a
standardized MT ferrule interface for up to 12 fibers (fiber pitch is 250 µm). It was
developed by Siemens/Infineon and designed for the PAROLI® module port.
The SMC SB is primarily designed for restricted space applications putting the main
emphasis on to protect the optical fibers in the body (see also section Application Note).
The plug is part of a whole SMC product family to be applied for various state-of-the-art
connectivity solutions and even future optical networking technologies.
The MT ferrule characteristics meet the requirements of the international standards
IEC 60874-16 and IEC 61754-5. The SMC interface is proposed to be adopted by TIA
as fiber optic connector intermateability standard TIA/EIA-604-14 (FOCIS-14), Ref.
SMC™ is a trademark of Infineon Technologies; PAROLI® is a registered trademark of Infineon Technologies
ESCON® is a registered trademark of IBM
1) (f): female; +xx: cable code; +yyy: length code.
SMC (f) - SMC (f)
jumper with simplex ribbon cable1)
Data Sheet 1 2001-12-01