SERIALLY PROGRAMMABLE CLOCK SOURCE
The ICS307-01 and ICS307-02 are versatile serially
programmable clock sources which take up very little
board space. They can generate any frequency from 6
to 200 MHz and have a second configurable output.
The outputs can be reprogrammed on the fly and will
lock to a new frequency in 10 ms or less. Smooth
transitions (in which the clock duty cycle remains near
50%) are guaranteed if the output divider is not
The devices includes a PDTS pin which tri-states the
output clocks and powers down the entire chip.
The ICS307-02 features a default clock output at
start-up and is recommended for all new designs.
This product is intended for clock generation. It has low
output jitter (variation in the output period), but input to
output skew and jitter are not defined nor guaranteed.
For applications which require defined input to output
skew, use the ICS527-01.
• Packaged in 16-pin (150 mil wide) SOIC
• ICS307M-02 and -02I available in Pb (lead) free
• Highly accurate frequency generation
• Serially programmable: user determines the output
frequency via a 3 wire interface
• Eliminates need for custom quartz
• Input crystal frequency of 5 - 27 MHz
• Output clock frequencies up to 200 MHz
• Power down tri-state mode
• Very low jitter
• Operating voltage of 3.3 V or 5 V
• 25 mA drive capability at TTL levels
• Industrial temperature version available
Optional crystal capacitors
Charge Pump, and
MDS 307-01/02 F
Integrated Circuit Systems ● 525 Race Street, San Jose, CA 95126 ● tel (408) 297-1201 ● www.icst.com