Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
• Common features:
– Low input and output leakage ≤1µA (max.)
– CMOS power levels
– True TTL input and output compatibility
– VOH = 3.3V (typ.)
– VOL = 0.3V (typ.)
– Meets or exceeds JEDEC standard 18 specifications
– Product available in Radiation Tolerant and Radiation
– Military product compliant to MIL-STD-883, Class B
and DESC listed (dual marked)
– Available in DIP, SOIC, SSOP, QSOP, CERPACK
and LCC packages
• Features for FCT543T:
– Std., A, C and D speed grades
– High drive outputs (-15mA IOH, 64mA IOL)
– Power off disable outputs permit “live insertion”
• Features for FCT2543T:
– Std., A, and C speed grades
– Resistor outputs (-15mA IOH, 12mA IOL Com.)
(-12mA IOH, 12mA IOL Mil.)
– Reduced system switching noise
FUNCTIONAL BLOCK DIAGRAM
The FCT543T/FCT2543T is a non-inverting octal trans-
ceiver built using an advanced dual metal CMOS technology.
This device contains two sets of eight D-type latches with
separate input and output controls for each set. For data flow
from A to B, for example, the A-to-B Enable (CEAB) input must
be LOW in order to enter data from A0–A7 or to take data from
B0–B7, as indicated in the Function Table. With CEAB LOW,
a LOW signal on the A-to-B Latch Enable (LEAB) input makes
the A-to-B latches transparent; a subsequent LOW-to-HIGH
transition of the LEAB signal puts the A latches in the storage
mode and their outputs no longer change with the A inputs.
With CEAB and OEAB both LOW, the 3-state B output buffers
are active and reflect the data present at the output of the A
latches. Control of data from B to A is similar, but uses the
CEBA, LEBA and OEBA inputs.
The FCT2543T has balanced output drive with current
limiting resistors. This offers low ground bounce, minimal
undershoot and controlled output fall times-reducing the need
for external series terminating resistors. FCT2xxxT parts are
plug-in replacements for FCTxxxT parts.
A0 Q D
A4 DETAIL A x 7
The IDT logo is a registered trademark of Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
MILITARY AND COMMERCIAL TEMPERATURE RANGES
©1995 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.
2613 drw 01