4:2 Differential Clock/Data
The ICS831742I is a high-performance, differential HCSL clock/data
multiplexer and fanout buffer. The device is designed for the
multiplexing and fanout of high-frequency clock and data signals. The
device has four differential, selectable clock/data inputs. The selected
input signal is distributed to two low-skew differential HCSL outputs.
Each input pair accepts HCSL, LVDS and LVPECL levels. The
ICS831742I is characterized to operate from a 3.3V power supply.
Guaranteed input, output-to-output and part-to-part skew
characteristics make the ICS831742I ideal for those clock and data
distribution applications demanding well-defined performance and
repeatability. The ICS831742I supports the clock multiplexing and
distribution of PCI Express (2.5 Gb/s), Gen 2 (5 Gb/s) and
Gen 3 (8 Gb/s) clock signals.
• 4:2 differential clock/data multiplexer with fanout
• Four selectable, differential input pairs
• Each differential input pair can accept the following levels: HCSL,
LVDS and LVPECL
• Two differential HCSL output pairs
• Maximum input/output clock frequency: 700MHz
• Maximum input/output data rate: 1400Mb/s (NRZ)
• LVCMOS interface levels for all control inputs
• PCI Express (2.5Gb/s), Gen 2 (5 Gb/s) and Gen 3 (8 Gb/s) clock
• Input skew: 110ps max
• Part-to-part skew: 225ps max
• Full 3.3V supply voltage
• Available in lead-free (RoHS 6)
• -40°C to 85°C ambient operating temperature
4.4mm x 7.8mm x 0.925mm package body
ICS831742AGI JULY 10, 2012
1 ©2012 Integrated Device Technology, Inc.