PD - 94336c
Full Function Synchronous Buck Power Block
Integrated Power Semiconductors, Control IC & Passives
• 3.3V to 12V input voltage1
• 20A maximum load capability, with no derating up to TPCB = 90°C
• 5 bit DAC settable, 0.925V to 2V output voltage range 2
• Configurable down to 3.3Vin & up to 3.3Vout with simple external circuit 3
• 200kHz or 300kHz nominal switching frequency
• Optimized for very low power losses
• Over & undervoltage protection
• Adjustable lossless current limit
• Internal features minimize layout sensitivity *
• Very small outline 14mm x 14mm x 3mm
iP1001 Power Block
The iP1001 is a fully optimized solution for high current synchronous buck applications requiring up to 20A.
The iP1001 is optimized for single-phase applications, and includes a full function fast transient response
PWM control, with an optimized power semiconductor chip-set and associated passives, achieving benchmark
power density. Very few external components are required, including output inductor, input & output capacitors.
Further range of operation to 3.3Vin can be achieved with the addition of a simple external boost circuit, and
operation up to 3.3Vout can be achieved with a simple external voltage divider.
iPOWIR technology offers designers an innovative board space-saving solution for applications requiring high
power densities. iPOWIR technology eases design for applications where component integration offers
benefits in performance and functionality. iPOWIR technology solutions are also optimized internally for layout,
heat transfer and component selection.
iP1001 Internal Block Diagram
SGND GNDS VFS VF PGND
* Although, all of the difficult PCB layout and bypassing issues have been addressed with the internal design of the iPOWIR block, proper layout techniques should be
applied for the design of the power supply board. There are no concerns about unwanted shutdowns common to switching power supplies, if operated as specified. The
iPOWIR block will function normally, but not optimally without any additional input decoupling capacitors. Input decoupling capacitors should be added at Vin pin for stable
and reliable long term operation. No additional bypassing is required on the Vdd pin. See layout guidelines in datasheet for more detailed information.