2A Synchronous Buck Regulator with Integrated
The ISL8502A is a synchronous buck controller with internal
MOSFETs packaged in a small 4mmx4mm QFN package. The
ISL8502A can support a continuous load of 2A and has a very
wide input voltage range. With the switching MOSFETs
integrated into the IC, the complete regulator footprint can be
very small and provide a much more efficient solution than a
The ISL8502A is capable of stand-alone operation or it can be
used in a master slave combination for multiple outputs that
are derived from the same input rail. Multiple slave channels
(up to six) can be synchronized. This method minimizes the
EMI and beat frequencies effect with multi-channel operation.
The switching PWM controller drives two internal N-Channel
MOSFETs in a synchronous-rectified buck converter topology.
The synchronous buck converter uses voltage-mode control
with fast transient response. The switching regulator provides
a maximum static regulation tolerance of ±1% over line, load,
and temperature ranges. The output is user-adjustable by
means of external resistors down to 0.6V.
The output is monitored for undervoltage events. The switching
regulator also has overcurrent protection. Thermal shutdown is
integrated. The ISL8502A features a bi-directional Enable pin
that allows the part to pull the enable pin low during fault
PGOOD delay for ISL8502A has been decreased to 1ms typical
(at 500kHz switching frequency) compared to 250ms (at
500kHz) for ISL8502.
• Up to 2A Continuous Output Current
• Integrated MOSFETs for Small Regulator Footprint
• Adjustable Switching Frequency, 500kHz to 1.2MHz
• Tight Output Voltage Regulation, ±1% Over-temperature
• Wide Input Voltage Range, 5V ±10% or 5.5V to 14V
• Wide Output Voltage Range, from 0.6V
• Simple Single-Loop Voltage-Mode PWM Control Design
• Input Voltage Feed-Forward for Constant Modulator Gain
• Fast PWM Converter Transient Response
• Lossless rDS(ON) High Side and Low Side Overcurrent
• Undervoltage Detection
• Integrated Thermal Shutdown Protection
• Power-Good Indication
• Adjustable Soft-Start
• Start-Up with Pre-Bias Output
• Pb-free (RoHS Compliant)
• Point of Load Applications
• Graphics Cards - GPU and Memory Supplies
• ASIC Power Supplies
• Embedded Processor and I/O Supplies
• DSP Supplies
5.5V TO 14V
4.5V TO 5.5VVIN
FIGURE 1. STAND-ALONE REGULATOR: VIN 5.5V TO 14V
FIGURE 2. STAND-ALONE REGULATOR: VIN 4.5V TO 5.5V
October 21, 2011
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 |Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2011. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.
Datasheet pdf - http://www.DataSheet4U.net/