Intelligent Digital Amplifier PWM Controller and
The D2-45057 and D2-45157 devices are complete
System-on-Chip (SoC) Class-D digital audio amplifiers.
Combining high performance integrated Power Stages
along with an optimized Audio Processor feature set and
PWM Controller, these devices offer a complete,
powerful, and very cost effective audio solution for high
volume and cost-critical products.
This 4th generation Digital Audio Engine (DAE-4P)™
device combines extensive integrated Digital Signal
Processor (DSP) audio processing with amplifier control,
for a complete audio solution. Its ease of integration into
the existing system processor provides complete support
for all system product and amplifier functions.
The four configurable Power Stages operate as four
separate Half-Bridge outputs, as two Full-Bridge outputs,
or in combinations of Half-Bridge plus Full-Bridge,
providing flexible loudspeaker drive solutions. Separate
PWM outputs provide additional combinations to drive
headphone, or line level stereo and subwoofer outputs.
• DAE-4/DAE-4P Register API Specification
• DAE-4P Evaluation Kit Guides
• All Digital Class-D Amplifier and Controller with
Integrated Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
• Four Integrated Power Stages Supporting
- 2 Channels, Bridged
- 4 Channels, Half-Bridge
- 2 Channels, Half-Bridge, plus 1 Channel Bridged
• Output Power (Bridged)
- 25W (8Ω, <1% THD); 30W (8Ω, <10% THD)
• Fully Programmable Digital Signal Processing (DSP)
- Up to 5 Programmable Audio Signal Path Channels
- Programmable Equalizers, Filters, Mixers, Limiters
• Includes D2Audio™ SoundSuite™ and
SRS WOW/HD™ Audio Enhancement Algorithms
• I2S and S/PDIF™ Digital Audio Inputs
• Asynchronous Sample Rate Converters;
Sample Rates from 32kHz up to 192kHz
• Wide 9V to 26V Power Stage HV Supply Range, plus
Internally-Generated Gate Drive Supply
• Temperature and Undervoltage Monitoring
and Individual Channel Protection
• PC/Multimedia Speakers
• Digital TV Audio Systems
• Portable Device Docking Stations
• Powered Speaker Systems
Typical System Implementation
DAE-4P™ Intelligent Digital Power Amplifier and Audio Processor
Amplifier Output 1
Amplifier Output 2
Amplifier Output 3
Amplifier Output 4
SYSTEM APPLICATION IMPLEMENTING 2X FULL-BRIDGE LOUDSPEAKER OUTPUTS PLUS 3 LINE-LEVEL OUTPUTS
July 29, 2010
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2010. All Rights Reserved
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.