100V, 2A Peak, High Frequency Half-Bridge Drivers with
Rising Edge Delay Timer
The HIP2122 and HIP2123 are 100V, high frequency, half-bridge
MOSFET driver ICs. They are based on the popular ISL2100A and
ISL2101A half-bridge drivers. Like the ISL2100A, two logic
inputs, LI and HI, control both bridge outputs, LO and HO. All logic
inputs are VDD tolerant.
These drivers have a programmable dead-time to insure
break-before-make operation between the high-side and low-side
drivers. The dead-time is adjustable up to 220ns. The internal
logic does not prevent both outputs from turning on
simultaneously if both inputs are high simultaneously for a time
greater than the programmed delay.
A single PWM logic input controls both bridge outputs (HO, LO).
An enable pin (EN), when low, drives both outputs to a low state.
All logic inputs are VDD tolerant and the HIP2122 has CMOS
inputs with hysteresis for superior operation in noisy
The HIP2122 has hysteretic inputs with thresholds that are
proportional to VDD. The HIP2123 has 3.3V logic/TTL compatible
Two package options are provided. The 10 lead 4x4 DFN package
has standard pinouts. The 9 lead 4x4 DFN package omits pin 2 to
comply with 100V conductor spacing per IPC-2221.
• 9 Ld TDFN “B” Package Compliant with 100V Conductor
Spacing Guidelines per IPC-2221
• Break-Before-Make Dead-Time Prevents Shoot-through and is
adjustable up to 220ns
• Bootstrap Supply Max Voltage to 114VDC
• Wide Supply Voltage Range (8V to 14V)
• Supply Undervoltage Protection
• CMOS Compatible Input Thresholds with Hysteresis (HIP2122)
• 1.6Ω/1Ω Typical Output Pull-up/Pull-down Resistance
• On-Chip 1Ω Bootstrap Diode
• Telecom Half-Bridge DC/DC Converters
• UPS and Inverters
• Motor Drives
• Class-D Amplifiers
• Forward Converter with Active Clamp
• FN7668, HIP2120, HIP2121 “100V, 2A Peak, High Frequency
Half-Bridge Drivers with Adjustable Dead Time Control and
FIGURE 1. TYPICAL APPLICATION
8 16 24 32 40 48 56 64
FIGURE 2. DEAD-TIME vs TIMING RESISTOR
December 23, 2011
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 |Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2011. All Rights Reserved
Intersil (and design) is a trademark owned by Intersil Corporation or one of its subsidiaries.
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.