Integrated Power Stage
Processors that operate above 1GHz require fast, intelligent
power systems. The ISL6580 Integrated Power Stage is a
High Side FET/driver combination that provides high current
capability per converter phase at high switching frequency.
The chip incorporates intelligence to provide fast transient
response and digital communication to the ISL6590 Digital
Controller. The ISL6580 integrates key power stage
components for fast power delivery, effective thermal design
and increased noise immunity. It incorporates an integrated
P-channel high side MOSFET, high side MOSFET driver
and a driver for external synchronous rectifier, low side
MOSFETs. The ISL6580 also features a window comparator
for fast transient response as well as on-board voltage and
current A/D converters for intelligent digital communication
and control by the ISL6590 Controller.
Furthermore, through the communication bus, configuration
and fault monitoring via the ISL6590 are available.
For more information, see the ISL6590 datasheet.
0 to 70
56 Ld 8x8 QFN L56.8x8C
56 Ld QFN Tape & Reel
ISL6580/90EVAL1 Evaluation Board
ISL6580/90EVAL2 Evaluation Board
ISL6580/90EVAL3 Evaluation Board
• Optimized for Intel VR10 applications
• VIN = 12V
• Phase switching frequencies of 250kHz to 1MHz
• Phase current capability up to 25A
• High Side P-channel MOSFET
• Low Side MOSFET drivers
• Accurate, lossless, Current Sense
• Programmable MOSFET non-overlap timing (through the
ISL6590 Digital Controller)
• Active Transient Response (ATR) minimizes voltage
droop/overshoot during large load current transients.
• Serial control interface for system monitoring and
configuration (with ISL6590 Controller)
- Input Under Voltage Protection
- Output Under/Over Voltage Protection
- Peak Current Limit
- Thermal Shutdown
- ATR Limits
• Provides an optimal power solution when combined with
the ISL6590 Digital Controller
- Output voltage regulation range of 0.3VDC to 1.85VDC
- VRM-9 and VRM-10 VID Codes
• Digital interface for high noise immunity and point-of-load
• On board analog-to-digital converters
- 10 Msample/sec voltage A/D
- 1 Msample/sec current A/D
• ISL6590 Datasheet
• Technical Brief TB363 “Guidelines for Handling and
Processing Moisture Sensitive Surface Mount Devices
• Technical Brief TB379 “Thermal Characterization of
Packaged Semiconductor Devices”
• Technical Brief TB389 “PCB Land Pattern Design and
Surface Mount Guidelines for QFN (MLFP) Packages”
1 CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 321-724-7143 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright © Intersil Americas Inc. 2003. All Rights Reserved. Primarion is a registered trademark of Primarion, Inc. Primarion PowerCode is a trademark of Primarion, Inc
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.