October 25, 2005
Sensor Conditioner with Dual Look Up
Table Memory and DACs
• Two Programmable Current Generators
—±3.2 mA max.
—8-bit (256 Step) Resolution
—External Resistor Pins to Set Full Scale Cur-
• External Sensor Input (Single Ended)
• Integrated 8-bit A/D Converter
• Internal Voltage Reference with Output/Input
• Temperature Compensation
• EEPROM Look-up Tables
• Hot Pluggable
• Write Protection Circuitry
—Logic Controlled Protection
• 2-wire Bus with 3 Slave Address Bits
• 3V to 5.5V, Single Supply Operation
—14 Ld TSSOP
• Pb-Free Plus Anneal Available (RoHS Compliant)
• PIN Diode Bias Control
• RF PA Bias Control
• Temperature Compensated Process Control
• Laser Diode Bias Control
• Fan Control
• Motor Control
• Sensor Signal Conditioning
• Data Aquisition Applications
• Gain vs. Temperature Control
• High Power Audio
• Open Loop Temperature Compensation
• Close Loop Current, Voltage, Pressure, Temper-
ature, Speed, Position Programmable Voltage
sources, electronic loads, output amplifiers, or
The X96010 is a highly integrated bias controller which
incorporates two digitally controlled Programmable Cur-
rent Generators and temperature compensation with
dedicated look-up tables. All functions of the device are
controlled via a 2-wire digital serial interface.
Two temperature compensated Programmable Cur-
rent Generators, vary the output current with tempera-
ture according to the contents of the associated
nonvolatile look-up table. The look-up table may be
programmed with arbitrary data by the user via the 2-
wire serial port, and an external temperature sensor
may be used to control the output current response.
MARKING RANGE (°C)
-40 to 100 14 Ld TSSOP
-40 to 100 14 Ld TSSOP
NOTE: Intersil Pb-free plus anneal products employ special Pb-free
material sets; molding compounds/die attach materials and 100% matte
tin plate termination finish, which are RoHS compliant and compatible
with both SnPb and Pb-free soldering operations. Intersil Pb-free
products are MSL classified at Pb-free peak reflow temperatures that
meet or exceed the Pb-free requirements of IPC/JEDEC J STD-020.
CAUTION: These devices are sensitive to electrostatic discharge; follow proper IC Handling Procedures.
1-888-INTERSIL or 1-888-468-3774 | Intersil (and design) is a registered trademark of Intersil Americas Inc.
Copyright Intersil Americas Inc. 2005. All Rights Reserved
All other trademarks mentioned are the property of their respective owners.