SMBJ3.3A THRU SMBJ440A
Surface Mount Transient Voltage Suppressors Diode
* For surface mounted application
* Low profile package
* Buit-in strain relief
* Glass passivated junction
* Excellent clamping capability
* Fast response time: typically less than 1.0ps
from 0 volts to BV min
* Typical IR less than 1μA above 10V
* High temperature soldering:
260℃/10 seconds at terminals
* Plastic material used carries underwriters
laboratory flammability classifications 94V-0
Package Outline Dimensions in inches (millimeters)
* Case: Molded plastic
* Terminals: Solder plated
* Polarity: Indicated by cathode band
* Standard Packaging: 12mm tape per EIA STD RS-481
Maximum Ratings and Electrical Characteristics
Rating at 25 ℃ ambient temperature unless otherwise specified. Single phase, half wave, 60 Hz, resistive or inductive load.
For capacitive load, derate current by 20%.
Peak Power Dissipation at TA=25℃, TP=1ms(Note1)
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms single half sine-wave
superimposed on rated load(JEDEC method) (Note2/3)
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
Note:1、Non-repetitive current pulse per Fig.3 and debated above TA=25℃ per Fig.2.
2、Mounted on 0.2×0.2”(5.0×5.0mm) copper pads to each terminal.
3、8.3ms single half sine-wave duty cycle=4 pulses per minutes maximum.
Devices for Bipolar Applications or Equivalent Square Wave
1、For bidirectional use C or CA suffix for types SMBJ5.0 thru types SMBJ440.
2、Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
-55 to +150