Compare to epoxy encapsulant that is hard and brittle, silicone is softer and flexible. Although its characteristic
significantly reduces thermal stress, it is more susceptible to damage by external mechanical force.
As a result, special handling precautions need to be observed during assembly using silicone encapsulated
LED products. Failure to comply might lead to damage and premature failure of the LED.
1. Handle the component along the side surfaces by using forceps or appropriate tools.
2. Do not directly touch or handle the silicone lens surface. It may damage the internal circuitry.
3. Do not stack together assembled PCBs containing exposed LEDs. Impact may scratch the silicone lens or
damage the internal circuitry.
4. The outer diameter of the SMD pickup nozzle should not exceed the size of the LED to prevent air leaks. The inner diameter
of the nozzle should be as large as possible.
5. A pliable material is suggested for the nozzle tip to avoid scratching or damaging the LED surface during pickup.
6. The dimensions of the component must be accurately programmed in the pick-and-place machine to insure precise pickup
and avoid damage during production.
SPEC NO: DSAL0972
REV NO: V.1
CHECKED: Allen Liu
PAGE: 2 OF 6