2ch Single Rail CODEC
Issue Date: Jun. 25, 2012
The MSM7704-01 is two-channel CODEC CMOS ICs for voice signals ranging from 300 to 3400 Hz.
These devices contain filters for A/D and D/A conversion.
Designed especially for a single-power supply and low-power applications, these devices contain two-channel
AD/DA converters in a single chip and achieve a reduced footprint and a reduced number of external
The MSM7704-01 is best suited for an analog interface to an echo canceller DSP used in digital telephone
terminals, digital PABXs, and hands free terminals.
• Single power supply: +2.7 V to +3.8 V
• Power consumption
Operating mode: 30 mW Typ. 50 mW Max.
Power-saving mode: 3 mW Typ. 6 mW Max.
Power-down mode: 0.03 mW Typ. 0.3 mW Max.
• ITU-T Companding law
MSM7704-01: μ/A-law pin-selectable
• Built-in PLL eliminates a master clock
• The PCM interface can be switched between 2 channel serial/parallel
• Transmission clock:64/128/256/512/1024/2048 kHz
(During 2 channel serial mode, the 64 and 96 kHz clocks are disabled)
• Adjustable transmit gain
• Built-in reference voltage supply
• Analog output can directly drive a 1.2 kW load
24-pin plastic SOP (SOP24-P-430-1.27-K)