GLASS PASSIVATED JUNCTION TRANSIENT VOLTAGE SUPPRESSOR
VOLTAGE - 6.8 TO 550 Volts
400Watt Peak Power 1.0 Watt Steady State
* Plastic package has Underwriters Laboratory
Flammability Classification 94V-O
* Glass passivated chip junction in DO-41 package
* 400W surge capability at 1ms
* Excellent clamping capability
* Low zener impedance
* Fast response time: typically less
than 1.0 ps from 0 volts to BV min
* Typical IR less than 1μA above 10V
* High temperature soldering guaranteed:
260 /10 seconds/.375”,(9.5mm) lead
length/5lbs., (2.3kg) tension
Case: JEDEC DO-41 molded plastic
Terminals: Axial leads, solderable per
MIL-STD-202, Method 208
Polarity: Color band denoted cathode
we declare that the material of product is halogen
free (green epoxy compound).
Mounting Position: Any
Weight: 0.011 oz., 0.284 g
DEVICES FOR BIPOLAR APPLICATIONS
For Bidirectional use C or CA Suffix for types P4KE6.8 thru types P4KE550
Electrical characteristics apply in both directions.
Ratings at 25°C ambient temperature unless otherwise specified.
Single phase, half wave, 60Hz, resistive or inductive load.
For capacitive load, derate current by 20%.
Peak Power Dissipation at TA=25°C, TP=1ms(Note 1)
Steady State Power Dissipation at TL=75°C
Lead Lengths .375”,(9.5mm) (Note 2)
Peak Forward Surge Current, 8.3ms Single Half Sine-
Wave Superimposed on Rated Load(JECED Method) (Note 3)
Operating and Storage Temperature Range
1. Non-repetitive current pulse, per Fig. 3 and derated above TA=25°C per Fig. 2.
2. Mounted on Copper Leaf area of 1.57in2(40mm2).
3. 8.3ms single half sine-wave, duty cycle= 4 pulses per minutes maximum.
-50 to +150